My research interests are diverse but are centred around coral reefs. Below is information on my current and previous research areas:
- Exploring the role marginal reef environments (e.g. mangrove habitats) can play in understanding the impact of future climate change on coral reefs.
- Examining how the diversity of Symbiodinium sp (zooxanthellae algae that live in the coral) influences the functional operation and stability of the coral symbiosis.
- Ecological and physiological responses of hard corals to variations in seawater carbonate chemistry (Ph.D. Thesis)
- Cohabitation of anemonefish within the coral triangle
- The influence of conservation education on SCUBA divers interaction with coral reefs
- Monitoring of Caribbean coral reefs
- The Caribbean lionfish invasion
- Coral restoration through in situ coral nurseries